Quad Operator Firmware Update 1.0.3

Hi folks,

We’ve resolved the bug in the “LF FM” input, and now have a firmware update available!

Apologies for the long delay, I’ve been struggling to properly test and verify update procedures for Windows users which were broken in previous firmware updates. I’m a Mac user, so this was hard to get done properly!

Please read the update instructions here: Dropbox Paper

We understand these procedures can be challenging to follow, so please give us your feedback on the update instructions! Especially the newer Windows instructions!

I’ve tried both methods now, one on Windows, and the other on Mac, but none of them work. I can’t get my PC to recognize the module as a USB device, and when I try to run the command file on Mac I only get the message “dfu-util: Permission Denied”. Been trying for maybe an hour to get the Mac update to work, but I keep having to problem solve a new issue, and then a new issue, and then another (permission to exectue the command file, then permission to execute the dfu-util, then figure out how to copy a filepath on a Mac etc - I’m not really a Mac user, using my girlfriend’s Mac - a real pain in the butt) - I reckon getting Windows to recognize the module as a USB device would be easier at this point, but how?

So, when the module is powered on, I just have to click the two buttons on the back simultaneously, then release the reset button like a second before the sysboot button? Is there some way to tell if I’ve done this correctly or not? Should I open the DSU program first, or after I have done this?

Any other suggestions?

Edit - I’ve now gotten Windows to recognize it as a USB device (I think), at least there’s a device in Device Manager that shows up as “STM32 Bootloader” under USB Devices. But there’s no device to be found in the DfuSe demo application dropdown menu.

Edit 2 - this is getting silly. Tried on Mac again, and after several cases of solving how to force my Mac into trusting the developer of the dfu-util and some lib-file, I think I got the update process to run, but now I get this error:

Filter on vendor = 0x0000 product = 0xdf11
Opening DFU capable USB device… ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Found DFU: [0483:df11] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="@Internal Flash /0x08000000/04032Kg,01128Kg,07*256Kg"
Claiming USB DFU Interface…
Setting Alternate Setting #0
Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 2048
No valid DFU suffix signature
Warning: File has no DFU suffix
DfuSe interface name: "Internal Flash "
Downloading to address = 0x08000000, size = 120032

File downloaded successfully
Transitioning to dfuMANIFEST state
Error during download get_status
[Process completed]

Hi,

Apologies if it’s not clear from the instructions, but it appears you actually have correctly updated the firmware. You see the line “File downloaded successfully” toward the end there? Unfortunately, I can’t get the dfu-util program to easily suppress the other errors that appear before and after. Those are confusing indeed, but they do not affect the results. I believe you have succeeded!

1 Like

Ah, that’s great. Thanks! :slight_smile: