Quad Operator 1.0.1 firmware release candidate (was: Shape 1 input affecting oscillator 3 pitch)

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this module but unfortunately this evening I’ve discovered an issue that was interfering with my patch.
CV into the shape 1 input is somehow affecting oscillator 3’s pitch. I’ve recorded a video demonstrating the issue which I’ll try to link to here.
As I hope you can see in the video, all mod pots in the matrix are fully CCW.

Thanks for the issue report. Sorry to see that you’re having problems with your unit :frowning: We take these seriously and warrant all purchases. If you’d like to process a replacement or return, we recommend working through your retailer with whom we can batch up and process any returns behind the scenes.

We are investigating a couple of similar reports, but this one feels somewhat different to those. If you would please answer the questions below, it may help us to determine the cause of the issue and appropriate resolution (including a replacement or return).

  • I take it this behavior is consistent after power cycling the unit? (Some reports indicate intermittent issues that are resolved by power cycling the unit)
  • Are other CVs and knobs behaving as expected? If not, can you provide further examples?

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will, thanks for the quick reply.
The issue remains even after power cycling.
I’ve not yet found any other issues with the module, I can’t claim to have tried every possibility though.

1 Like

Thanks, matkins. One question for you—do you know for certain that the total current consumption of the modules in your rack is within the available amount of current provided by your rack’s power supply specification?

Yes, I tested this last night by placing the module into an empty mantis rack. The behaviour of the fault was exactly the same.

Hello,

Apologies for the very long delay on some kind of actual help on this issue. This was a tricky thing to debug and I’ve also been very busy in my personal life the last 3 weeks.

We think we have a bugfix! Here’s 1.0.1-RC1, a release candidate for the updated firmware that seems to resolve the issue. We’d love your help putting it through the paces before we make it the official 1.0.1. We’ll be doing more testing ourselves too.

You can find information on the firmware update procedure here.

Hello,

We’re nearly ready to make this release candidate the official 1.0.1 firmware update! In the process of testing the update, we received some good feedback that the instructions as written in the manual are difficult for some. To that end, we’ve put together a hopefully simplified update package. We’d love your help testing it out! Here’s a draft of the new update instructions with a link to the new update package:

In particular, as a Mac user, I am not currently able to test the Windows update as I’m traveling right now! Windows user: please give it a try and report back whether it works properly!

After this being in the wild for a little while, we’ve got a report that the calibration mechanism seems to have stopped behaving properly due to the fix for the shape CV issue—when an operator is in free mode, its ratio CV won’t properly track 1v / oct when calibrated with the new firmware. Master “1v / oct” CV will calibrate fine. We working on a verification / resolution. Stay tuned.